Intervest Offices & Warehouses (hereinafter referred to as “Intervest”) undertakes to protect and respect your privacy.
This privacy statement is intended to inform applicants about the way in which Intervest collects data concerning applicants and applies to all recruitment and selection procedures at Intervest.
In this privacy statement, the terms “Intervest”, “we” and “us” refer to the company Intervest Offices & Warehouses, with company number 0458-623-918, located at Uitbreidingstraat 66, 2600 Berchem.
1. Data we collect about you
Intervest processes personal data that are relevant in the context of the recruitment and selection procedure.
In all cases this concerns the data and documents that the applicant has provided himself or herself, such as his or her CV including among others his or her contact details (name, telephone number and e-mail address) and place of residence and any photograph that he she may have included.
The following may also be relevant: training, courses followed, internships done and employment history. A declaration of good conduct may be requested for certain positions.
Applicants may also be subjected to a psychological test or assessment if this is required for the position. In that case, those entrusted with performing such a test or making such an assessment are provided with those personal data they will need for the assessment and Intervest will then be given the results of the assessment.
We store, use and protect the data we collect about you in accordance with:
- the Belgian Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data; and
- Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and all corresponding or equivalent national legislation or regulations in Belgium;
in any event, as these are in force, and from time to time applicable and amended, supplemented or replaced (hereinafter referred to as “Data Protection Legislation”).
2. What use is made of your information?
Intervest uses your data to assess your candidacy in the context of an open vacancy. We need your data for:
- recruitment and selection purposes, i.e. to assess whether you are suitable for the position for which you are applying;
- the purpose of communicating with you;
- a social media survey (if the nature of the position justifies this);
- screening or an assessment (if the nature of the position justifies this).
3. Legal basis
Your data are collected and processed on the following legal grounds:
- to pursue our legitimate interests to the extent that your fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests;
- your consent, for example to request references and examine other background;
- to execute the employment contract (for the final candidate who is appointed).
4. Disclosing your data
We can share your data with the following for the purposes explained above:
- our offices / other entities within the Intervest group;
- service providers in the recruitment field.
5. Transfer of your data
In principle, your data are not transferred to a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
If that is nevertheless the case, we will ensure that your data are protected using the following security mechanisms:
- the acts of the country to which your data are transferred ensure an appropriate level of data protection (Article 45 GDPR); or
- the transfer falls under the data protection clauses (Article 46.2 GDPR) approved by the European Commission or under the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- the transfer is based on binding corporate rules (Article 47 GDPR), an approved code of conduct (Article 40 GDPR), an approved certification mechanism (Article 42 GDPR), an approved data transfer agreement (Article 46.3 GDPR), or data protection clauses adopted by the Belgian Data Protection Authority (Article 46.2 GDPR).
6. Your rights
You can at any time ask to inspect the data that Intervest collects about you and have them rectified, transferred or erased by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or complaints or if you wish to respond to this privacy statement, you can contact email@example.com
For all requests referred to above, please send us an e-mail with “data privacy request” in the subject line. We will answer your request as soon as practically possible. If (after having received your request) we need more than one month to respond to your request, we will get back to you and let you know.
7. Storage of your data
The data we have about you are kept in a manner consistent with the applicable data protection legislation. Under no circumstances will your data be kept longer than is necessary to achieve the objectives set out in this Privacy Statement.
In particular, we will keep your application details for a maximum of 6 months following your application.
8. What happens if you do not provide the data we requested or if you request that we stop processing your data?
The possibility of recruiting you depends on the ability to access and use certain data about you. Therefore, if you do not provide us with the requested data or if you ask us to stop processing your data, this can mean that we cannot perform the recruitment and selection process.
9. Automated decision-making
We do not use your data for any automated decision-making based on your data.
10. Contact details
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement (including your above-mentioned privacy rights) must be addressed to:
Intervest Offices & Warehouses nv
2600 Berchem (Antwerp)
T +32 3 287 67 67