Intervest has a mixed real estate portfolio worth € 925 million, consisting of 38% office buildings and 62% logistics real estate (as at 30 September 2019).
A large portfolio clearly offers a number of advantages to both clients and investors.
Advantages for clients
- Intervest does not aim to be the largest real estate provider on the market but strives to have substantial relevance by a creating a strong market position as well as by being a top-of-mind real estate provider.
- The offices owned by Intervest are currently situated on the axis Antwerp - Brussels and in Leuven. The logistic properties are situated along the important axis Antwerp – Brussels and the E313. With Genk Green Logistics, Intervest has a development potential to build ca. 250.000 m² of top-of-the art logistic real estate on the former Ford-site in Genk.
- Intervest is also present in southern Netherlands’ logistic hotspots, and owns several properties in operation along the A58 (Roosendaal-Tilburg - Eindhoven) and the A59 (Raamsdonksveer).
- Intervest also owns development opportunities in Eindhoven and Roosendaal amongst others.
Advantages for investors
- A vast portfolio helps to spread the risk for the shareholders.
- There is less dependency on one or more large tenant(s) or project(s) and the risk is spread across a large number of tenants and properties. Tenants are also active in a wide range of economic sectors, such as the computer, media, consultancy, telecommunications, travel and catering industries.
- The real estate portfolio can be managed cost-efficiently via emerging economies of scale. This relates, for instance, to costs of maintenance and repair, (long-term) renovation costs, consultancy fees, publicity costs, etc.
- It makes it possible for a specialised management team to use its knowledge of the market to pursue an innovative and creative strategy, resulting in an increase in shareholder value.